Can’t believe that 2016 is coming to an end already! It’s been a great year and hopefully 2017 will be even better. I have managed to read a whopping 67 books this year, and can’t wait for many new releases coming in 2017! Below I’ve listed a few of my favourite books I have read this year.
Released this year:
- A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas – Probably my favourite book this year, it was just such a great read and a perfect sequel holding mystery love and a beautifully crafted world.
- Passenger by Alexandra Bracken – Excellent read for time-travel lovers. I found the development within the novel and how the main character become stronger and more empowered.
- This Savage Song by V. E Schwab – this novel was quite surprising in how enjoyable it was. It also has quite a unique plot, which made it stand out.
- The Beauty of Darkness by Mary E. Pearson – This was such a great ending to her trilogy and was so gripping and action packed I flew through it quickly and enjoyed every second.
- The Rose and the Dagger by Renée Ahdieh – I loved this duology and although I did find some parts predictable I still thoroughly enjoyed reading and watching the development of this world.
- Glass sword by Victoria Aveyard – Victoria definitely knows how to write, this book was so great and dramatic that I keep just giving it to my friends to borrow. The world she created is so real and flawed that it just makes events within it even more devastating when you read them. Highly recommend to dystopian readers.
Read this year:
- Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs (2011) – The world within this novel was so great and the promotion of the fact that it’s okay to be ‘peculiar’ made it much more relatable.
- Cinder by Marissa Meyer (2014) – I loved Marissa’s twist on the cinderella fairytale and how she made it very futuristic, which made it much more enjoyable as it was very unexpected.
I’m disappointed that I haven’t managed to read some of the great books that were released this year and saddened that I don’t know what happened. These will definitely be on the top of my list to read next:
- Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas
- The Raven King by Maggie Stiefvater
- Lady midnight by Cassandra Clare
- Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare
And so another year of books is over, can’t wait for more amazing releases next year, comment below any of your favourite books of this year or let me know what you thought of the ones that I’ve mentioned! Hope you all have had a great year. See you in 2017!